Here’s What You Get
If YOU want to go home with a more in depth understanding of the Dominican Republic then keep reading because our Country Safari is a crash course in Dominican culture, wrapped up in an unforgettable Full-Day excursion.
Get all your SENSES ready because we’re taking you deep into the tropical countryside of the Dominican Republic’s eastern most mountain range to:
- Hear about locals customs at a traditional Dominican home
- See the grounds of a sleepy country plantation bursting with local produce
- Savor infamous Dominican cacao (chocolate), in its organic state, and harvested from the surrounding fertile lands
- Smell the aroma of rich Caribbean coffee, ground from the finest beans in Punta Cana’s Cordillera Oriental Mountain Range
- Touch carefully cultivated Dominican tobacco leaves, World-Renowned for their robust flavor and rivaled only by their Cuban counterpart
This is the BEST the Dominican Republic has to offer so don’t just touch and smell! Purchase whatever you want to take home and relive the experience!
Sound interesting so far? If so, great! If not, no worries because we’re just getting started. Have we mentioned you also??
- Visit a local elementary school to better understand the country’s public education system
- Transverse the 500-year-old city of Higuey, the capital city of the eastern La Altagracia province of the Dominican Republic. Higuey, meaning “Land of the Rising Sun” in Arawak was once controlled by a large Taino Indian kingdom who were eventually decimated by Spanish conquistadors
- Enter the Basilica, a Roman Catholic cathedral housing the 500+ year old painting of the Altagracia Virgen brought by Spanish missionaries. The cathedral’s importance was solidified with Pope John Paul II’s visit in 1992
- LUNCH!! Yes, a traditional, home-cooked buffet of rice and beans, meat, salad, plantains, sweets and coffee – enjoyed in rustic country surroundings. The way it should be.
But we’re still not done! We’ve saved the best for last!
Macao Beach is one of the most sought-after coastlines in Punta Cana. Macao’s amber sands and azure waters attract beach goers and surfers alike. Only locals know Macao’s value as a prime destination for fresh fish and lazy Sunday afternoons with friends.
Now it’s time for YOU to enjoy Macao like a local! An hour’s time will give you a chance to wade in the Caribbean Ocean, recline on the beach’s soft sands or people watch while refreshments are served.
Talk about ending the day on a high note!
Country Adventure Safari is a unique product in Punta Cana that has generated quite the following over the years. Quality and value sell! Don’t take a chance on “other safari” tours.
Country Adventure is the ORIGINAL Punta Cana safari excursion!
Seats go fast so book ASAP to ensure your spot on our open air truck. How else do you want to see the Dominican Republic?
Our destination is the Dominican countryside! You coming?
- Round trip transport
- Professional guide
- Lunch at ranch
- Drinks (Coke, Sprite, Water, Rum, Beer)
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Bathing suit
- Insect repellent