Here’s What You Get
Do you want to go home with a better understanding of the Dominican Republic’s customs and its people? If so, then keep reading because our Country Safari is a mini-crash-course in Dominican culture, packaged in an amazing Half-Day tour.
Time to tap your Five SENSES because we’re taking you deep into the Caribbean countryside of the Dominican Republic’s eastern most mountain range to:
- Hear about local traditions at a typical Dominican home.
- Observe the terrain of a tranquil country plantation full of local produce
- Taste rich Dominican cacao (chocolate), in its organic state, and harvested from the surrounding fertile plantations.
- Smell the aroma of dark Caribbean coffee, ground from the premium beans found in Punta Cana’s closest mountain range – the Cordillera Oriental.
- Touch delicately harvested Dominican tobacco leaves, Globally-Renowned for their robust taste and rivaled only by their Cuban counterpart.
This is the best produce Punta Cana has to offer so don’t just touch and smell! You can purchase whatever you wish to take home and relive the experience!
Sound interesting so far? We hope, but there’s actually more!
- Visit a local elementary school to better understand the country’s public education system
- Transverse the 500-year-old city of Higuey, the capital city of the eastern La Altagracia province of the Dominican Republic. Higuey, meaning “Land of the Rising Sun” in Arawak was once controlled by a large Taino Indian kingdom who were eventually decimated by Spanish conquistadors
- Enter the Basilica, a Roman Catholic cathedral housing the 500+ year old painting of the Altagracia Virgen brought by Spanish missionaries. The cathedral’s importance was solidified with Pope John Paul II’s visit in 1992
You didn’t think you could do so much in half a day huh?
- Country Adventure Safari is the ORIGINAL Punta Cana safari excursion!
- Space goes fast on our Half-Day option so book ASAP to ensure your seat on our open air truck. How else do you want to see the Dominican countryside?
- You only need to dedicate a Half-Day to get a World away…you coming??
- Round trip transport
- Professional guide
- Drinks (Coke, Sprite, Water, Rum, Beer)
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing
- Insect repellent